For Christmas, my husband bought me a set of wireless air-pods. Yes, the ridiculous looking things that resemble q-tips coming out of your ears. Listen, I could gush about these air-pods for a good hour so I’ll stop now, however, put them on your want list and thank me later.
The best part is being able to use one ear piece at a time, which has come in handy now that I’ve discovered Podcasts. I’ll admit I have never listened to any Podcasts. I wasn’t sure what they were about and I had zero interest in them. Until now.
PEOPLE, they have been life-changing. Okay, not life-changing per-say, but it’s been so nice to listen to real adult conversations during the day. (Most days, I find myself repeating things over and over to my 4-year-old, we argue over stupid stuff that leaves me chugging wine by 4 o’clock. I’m kidding. Not really. Okay, somedays.) Podcasts have helped with my sanity. Listening to them helps with the lack of adult interaction that I’ve been missing here lately. I feel like a member of society again.
I have listened to some good discussions in the last few weeks. Some of them have been the “good for the soul” kind of stuff, others have been thought-provoking. Then some of them are just informational – I’m learning things I never knew I wanted to learn!
I put together a list of my top 5 right now and why I like them.
- Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations This was the first one I started with and it’s still one of my favorites. My favorite episode was with Joe Biden. I admit, I didn’t know much about him before I listened and after I was done I was really impressed with him. PS: I think the world has gone downhill since the Oprah show went off the air. There. I said it.
- Dirty John It’s a true story told in segments each week. It’s like a book read aloud with real people and conversations. It’s sort of like an audio version of a 48 hours mystery; it’s good is all I can tell you!
- Stuff You Should Know If you want to know about something, this is the place. I listened to one the other day about flight attendants. It was interesting to learn some things I didn’t know.
- Here’s The Thing with Alec Baldwin He does honest conversations with performers, politicians and everyone in between. Good conversations that make you feel like they are almost talking to you. At this moment, I’m listening to the episode with Barbra Streisand. I love her voice; I could listen to her talk all day long! Did you know she doesn’t enjoy the fame? She loves the work, just not the fame.
- Sincerely, X I’ve only listened to a few episodes, but I can tell it’s going to be one of my new favorites. I’ve heard some of them can be painful to listen to, so I’ll have to be careful I don’t cloud my day. However, I am looking forward to listening to more.
Let me know what you’re listening to! What should I add to my list?