Consider yourself warned: I am about to gush. And I am not a gusher.
Tonight, the Cincinnati Moms Blog executive team was able to meet for a little bit of business and a lot of laughter at Manitou Candle Co. If you have never had the chance to make your own candle, you NEED to do this! If you have already participated in a candle making class, you also NEED to do this.
The Manitou Candle Co. is located on Eastern Ave in an area of town that is still on the front end of revitalization. The space is beautiful. Manitou Candle Co. is located in an old bank and the windows let in gorgeous natural light and the event space is so incredibly peaceful.
Your group will have a chandler (a person who makes or sells candles) who will lead you through the process of selecting the scents that are most compatible with you. (Their options are numbered so you don’t choose based on bias – which is a lot of fun and a really cool part of the process.)
The chandler will then walk you through the steps of combining the fragrance with the wax, placing the wicks and applying the labels. You even get to name your very own scent. (We had a lot of fun with this part!) The process is simple enough that anyone can do it, but complex enough that you feel like you actually made something cool.
Our team had two chandlers (Ali and Maggie) who seamlessly became part of our event. They participated in conversation and really made us feel welcome. The nice thing about events at Manitou Candle Co. is how laid back they are. Seriously, there is no rushing and no pressure to hurry through the steps. Our chandlers didn’t impact our group dynamics and engaged with us instead of just sitting quietly, which is nice when you have a smaller group.
Other things you need to know:
- Manitou Candle Co. is BYOB and food. We brought in some salads and wine. They do provide glassware and water – which is also super nice and felt very above and beyond.
- Parking is easy. There are spaces on the street as well as across the street.
- Gift cards are available. Not only do we feel like this was the perfect moms night out for our group, but gift cards would make an amazing holiday or birthday gift for mom, sisters, friends etc… Get everyone a gift card and create memories together.
- Prices are super reasonable for what you get! Everyone gets to make two candles (same scent), so you are walking away with two high quality candles AND you also got to have the experience of making them!
- Private parties can be arranged for groups of 8 or more.
- They host weekly workshops you can join in on, if you don’t have a group of 8 for a private party.
- You can just swing by and buy pre-made candles as well. These are also perfect gifts to give and we love being able to support local businesses!
We can’t say enough wonderful things about making candles with the Manitou Candle Co. team. It was the perfect combination of pampering, creativity (even for those who are not creative), relaxation, team-building and friendship. We will definitely be going back!