When do you feel your healthiest? We would be willing to bet that if you do some self-reflection, you will find that it takes more than simply not having a cold or flu keeping you down, to make you feel well. Personally, we know we feel our best when we are caring for ourselves as a WHOLE person. This looks differently to different people, but we know one thing for sure… you deserve to feel WELL.
This guide is a compilation of local resources designed to support your health and wellness in a variety of different ways. Not everything on these lists is for everyone, but whatever it is that helps you feel your healthiest, we encourage you to devote some time and energy to pursuing that support.
Be well, mamas!
Your Wellness Center
There are many reasons women may consider setting up a consultation with the wellness experts at Your Wellness Center. One thing the CMB team has learned from our personal experiences is that you don’t have to settle for feeling like less than your best.
Women’s bodies change dramatically during and after pregnancy as hormones shift to create and sustain pregnancy. “In women, there are certainly moments in life that might direct you to have your hormone levels checked. One of the big ones, and it’s mostly in younger women, is postpartum depression. That can be caused by a very low level of progesterone after the pregnancy is over.” – Judy Couch, FNP
- Hormone imbalances in new mothers often include the following symptoms: fatigue (more than just having a new baby around), depression, low libido, weight gain, mood swings, anxiety, and irritability.
- Post-vaginal childbirth, intimacy with your significant other can be painful. This can be caused by a decrease in estrogen or scar tissue from childbirth.
- Post-vaginal birth can also contribute to incontinence, vaginal dryness, and vaginal laxity because the vaginal tissue is stretched and may not be able to return to its pre-childbirth stage (weakened pelvic floor muscles).
YWC offers a variety of aesthetic treatments perfect for reducing lines and wrinkles from watching over and loving your little ones.
- HydraFacials help soothe tired skin
- Botox / Dysport relax muscles to ease frown lines
- Hair removal safely and effectively eliminates unwanted hair
- CoolSculpting reduces fat in your arms, thighs, bra-line, or abs
- Chemical Peels remove damaged skin (acne, scars, age spots, wrinkles) for a healthy glow
- BBL Acne and Anti-Aging promote youthful skin through the use of broadband light
If hormone levels (such as thyroid, testosterone, estrogen, and progesterone) are not at the levels they should be, our bodies can’t work efficiently and we struggle to lose weight despite eating healthier and exercising more.
“The thyroid runs your metabolism in every single cell in your body. An “average” number is not good enough, because it often means that your thyroid is not functioning at your optimal level. The panel run by YWC will test your TSH (an often poor indicator of thyroid function), your Free T3 (the most active thyroid hormone), and your Free T4.” – Your Wellness Center
The Urology Group
Many people consider a urologist a “man’s doctor” but nearly as many women seek help from urologists as men, especially when it comes to bladder control issues.
Childbirth is typically a positive time in a woman’s life. However, it sometimes causes unexpected strain on your bladder, which can result in a condition called overactive bladder (OAB) or urge incontinence. If you experience a “gotta go now” feeling – you’re not alone. Conservative estimates say that 15-20 million people are affected by OAB.
The good news is that you don’t have to live with OAB—help is available. Depending on the cause and severity, one of the 34 urologists can work with you to find a treatment that’s right for you.
Don’t let OAB interrupt your life. Contact the nationally recognized experts at The Urology Group.
Counseling has proven to change lives, restore relationships, and achieve personal goals. It’s okay to feel the way you do, it’s not okay to stay there.
When you don’t feel like yourself, or you’re in a difficult pattern of negative thoughts or behaviors, it can feel hard to imagine breaking out of it. ThrivePointe therapists have worked with hundreds of individuals where you are and helped them feel full and alive – in control of their thoughts and behaviors and equipped to sustain lasting change. They offer compassionate counseling services to help adults, children, families, and couples achieve connection and love through effective counseling services.
Finding the right therapist can be difficult, (but is such an important part of the process!). This is why we love that ThrivePointe has a care coordinator (Ann) to help you find the right counselor for your unique needs and personality.