This year’s bucket list offers 60 ideas to keep you busy this summer. There is something for every budget, interest, and age. We know you are going to want to dive right into all of these fun ideas, but before you get started, we want to issue our annual challenge.
Each year we extend an official CMB Summer Bucket List Challenge. It’s simple to play.
- Click on the picture below for your printable challenge.
- Complete the 5 activities on the challenge and document the fact that you did with a photograph. (When you go tech-free, you can take the picture the day after!)
- Post all 5 pictures to Instagram or Facebook, using the hashtags #CMBsummer18 (tag us too if you want!)
- After all 5 pictures are posted, email us at [email protected] so we can verify your completed challenge.
This contest will run from now through August 17th.
One winner will receive a $25 Amazon gift card.
- Take a ride on the Cincinnati Bell Connector Streetcar.
- Grab Holtman’s Donuts and eat them at Washington Park.
- Spend the day at a local sprayground or splash pad.
- Go to a Reds game.
- Make a morning of it at Findlay Market.
- Be a good Cincinnatian and check out a local festival.
- Spend a summer night sipping a local craft brew.
- Take a tour of Gorman Farms.
- Walk across the Purple People Bridge.
- Enjoy the Cheetah Show at the Cincinnati Zoo.
Family Focused Fun
- Go tech free for a day.
- Take a road trip to the Indianapolis Children’s Museum.
- Check out the Island Wheel at Coney Island (only here until July 8th).
- Try to beat an Escape Room.
- Check out a new playground
- Go roller skating.
- Spend a day volunteering.
- Check out King Arthur’s Court Toy Store.
- Play a new family board game.
- Go swimming or visit a local splash playground.
Make Time for an Outdoor Adventure
- Stargaze at the Drake Planetarium.
- Take a walk or bike ride on Loveland Bike Trail.
- Start a family garden.
- Pet the animals at Parky’s Farm.
- Play in the fountains at Smale Riverfront Park.
- Play in the Naturescape Cincinnati Nature Center.
- Take a selfie with a sculpture at Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park.
- Make your own popsicles with juice and eat them in your backyard.
- Complete a week-long stay-cation for the outdoorsy family.
- Look for fossils and play in the creek at Keehner Park.
- Visit a local farmer’s market and buy ingredients to make dinner.
- Get ice cream at your favorite seasonal ice cream shop.
- Explore the Donut Trail.
- Go to a food truck rally.
- Check out Taste of Cincinnati.
- Pack a family picnic and eat it at a local park.
- Take a BB Riverboats Dinner or Lunch Cruise.
- Try a new (to you) restaurant.
- Host a grill out at a local park with friends.
- Complete a week-long stay-cation for the foodie family.
Immerse Yourself in the Arts
- Take a trip to the Cincinnati Art Museum.
- Check out a free summer concert.
- Participate in the Summer Reading Program at your local library.
- Complete a week-long staycation for the nerdy family.
- Attend the Cincinnati Pops 4th of July Patriotic Pops Concert at Riverbend.
- Introduce the kids to a movie from your childhood.
- Walk around OTR and downtown and check out all of the wall murals.
- Visit the Contemporary Arts Center
- Create a sidewalk chalk mural.
- Build a city out of Legos with your family.
Hang Around Home
- Have a living room or backyard campout.
- Create an obstacle course in your yard.
- Roast marshmallows for s’mores.
- Get some sparklers for some after-dinner fun.
- Host a sleepover party.
- Catch fireflies.
- Check out a stack of books from the library and spend an afternoon on the couch reading.
- Have a family water balloon fight.
- Build a backyard fort.
- Complete a puzzle as a family.
What would YOU add to our summer bucket list?