Have you been to The Christmas Ranch?
What makes The Christmas Ranch special?
- It’s family owned and family run. This family absolutely loves Christmas, Cincinnati and Christmas in Cincinnati. And we love them for it.
- They give back. A portion of all proceeds go to benefit several charities.
- This is a one-of-a-kind experience. It’s not JUST lights (although the lights are amazing.) You can take in the lights, visit with Santa, socialize around the (seriously gigantic) bonfire, send the kids on a train ride, reflect on the Nativity Scene and even do a little Christmas shopping. There are 6 shops on site with everything from holiday decorations to toys to baked goods to candles and more! They really weren’t kidding when they said the goal was to bring the North Pole to Cincinnati as it truly does feel that way when you are there.
Tips to make your experience the most magical it can be!
(From One Mom to Another)
- GO ON A WEEK DAY! We can’t say this enough. Weekends are epically more crowded everywhere you go and The Christmas Ranch is no exception. Plan your trip for a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday and have a much more kid-friendly, meltdown-avoiding time. (It’s also $5 cheaper to go on a weekday.)
- Wear boots. This is a WALKING lights tour and it’s not paved. You will be walking on gravel, grass and even dirt. Prepare for this.
- Make everyone go potty before you leave the house. They do have port-o-potties, but most moms we know would do just about anything to avoid cramming into one of those with one or more children who are doing the potty dance.
- Bring money for the Reindeer Express. There is an additional $4 fee to ride the train (children 3 and under are free) as well as a $4 fee to ride the Snow Wagon. We promise your kids will beg you to ride that train and the wagon ride is solid family fun, so you will want to have some cash on hand for these.
- Set aside some time to get those annual pictures with Santa. Because. (Santa pictures are an additional cost, so do keep that in mind.)
- It can get dark. This seems ridiculous given that it’s a holiday lights show, but it’s surprisingly true. There are portions of the ranch where the lights are not as abundant and because they obviously don’t have additional lighting on to take away from the displays, it can be dark enough that it can get challenging to keep tabs on those unruly little ones among the festive crowds. Make sure you keep the parent-child ratio in mind when you head out so everyone stays together and safe!
Have we convinced you to go yet? Excellent!
Here is what else you need to know.
- They open for the season, the day after Thanksgiving.
- Simple food options and hot chocolate are available on site for purchase.
- Cost for Admission is by car. Monday-Thursday $15 per car (Go on a weekday and save enough to pay for a train ride!); Friday-Sunday $20 per car
- Hours of Operation: Sunday-Thursday 5p-9p; Friday & Saturday 5p-10p
We hope to see you this holiday season, taking in the magic of The Christmas Ranch. If you go, tag Cincinnati Moms Blog on Instagram and use the hashtag #thechristmasranch so we can see your pictures! And don’t forget you can always follow The Christmas Ranch Facebook page as well. Happy Holidays!