It’s starting to really feel like fall out there! Fall is when we really settle in. The amazing crisp, cool air gets us craving Friday Night Lights, Sunday afternoon tailgates, and just simple warm and cozy times with the ones we love.
We all have to eat, but the less time we spend in the kitchen prepping, the more time we have with those close to us.
Give your fall a kickstart with these 5 Simple Slow Cooker Recipes!
1. Taco Soup: this is a favorite of my mine and my daughters. Like eat it for every meal for days favorite. This isn’t expressly a slow cooker recipe, but I almost always just dump the cans into the slow cooker while the meat is browning. Let it cook for 6 hours.
2. Dressed-Up Sloppy Joes: I know, I know. This one looks intimidating because it has a big list of ingredients for a “simple slow cooker recipe” list. But I would almost guarantee that you have everything in your fridge or pantry already. Double it and feed a crowd or just stash some in the freezer for later. You will not regret the 30 seconds it takes you to chop the peppers and onions.
3. Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork: You really can’t go wrong with anything Pioneer Woman, am-I-right?! I LOVE to scoop up pork roasts that have been marked down and make this. We eat it fresh, as our main dish with a veggie and maybe a baked potato, I set aside some for a few lunches for me, and I still have some to freeze – if we eat them on sandwiches, we can get 2 more family dinners out of one cheap pork roast.
4. Crock Pot “Baked” Potato: so easy. SO EASY. I can’t say that enough!
5. Slow Cooker Chex Mix: I love to indulge in a good fresh bag of Chex Mix. I mean all the small crunchy snacks things mixed in. If you don’t love it, we can’t be friends. But this recipe only adds stirring to opening the bag. Perfect for your Sunday Football get togethers.