Thank you to our friends at 3CDC (Washington Park, Memorial Hall, Fountain Square) for sponsoring our 2017 Summer Bucket List and for providing Cincinnati families with amazing parks,events, and revitalization efforts that honor the history and culture of Cincinnati. This year, 3CDC is partnering with the city of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati Park Board to create Zeigler Park in OTR complete with a fabulous pool, just in time for summer (opens June 10th)! Family summer memberships range from $70-$350 and there is a very reasonable daily rate option (only $2-$4 depending on age).
This year’s bucket list offers 60 ideas to keep you busy this summer. There is something for every budget, interest and age. We know you are going to want to dive right in to all of these fun ideas, but before you get started, we want to issue a challenge.
This year we are extending an official CMB Summer Bucket List Challenge. It’s simple to play.
- Click on the picture below for your printable challenge.
- Complete the 5 activities on the challenge and document the fact that you did with a photograph. (When you go tech free, you can take the picture the day after!)
- Post all 5 pictures to Instagram or Facebook, using the hashtags #CMBbucketlist17 (tag us too if you want!)
- After all 5 pictures are posted, email us at [email protected] so we can verify your completed challenge.
This contest will run from now through August 20th.
One winner will receive a $50 VISA gift card.
- Take a ride on the Cincinnati Bell Connector Streetcar.
- Grab Holtman’s Donuts and eat them at Washington Park.
- Spend the day at a Cincinnati Recreation Commission swimming pool and/or spash pad.
- Go to a Reds game.
- Make a morning of it at Findlay Market.
- Be a good Cincinnatian and check out a local festival.
- Go to an event at Fountain Square.
- Take a tour of Gorman Farms.
- Walk across the Purple People Bridge.
- Enjoy the Cheetah Show at the Cincinnati Zoo.
Family Focused Fun
- Go tech free for a day
- Take a day trip to the Indianapolis Children’s Museum.
- Check out Balloon Glow at Coney Island.
- Try to beat an Escape Room.
- Check out a new playground
- Go bowling.
- Spend a day volunteering.
- Check out King Arthur’s Court Toy Store.
- Play a new family board game.
- Go swimming or visit a local splash playground.
Make Time for an Outdoor Adventure
- Join the CMB team for our playdate with Hike It Baby on June 17th.
- Take a walk or bike ride on Little Miami Trail.
- Dig in the dirt. Find doodlebugs and worms.
- Pet the animals at Parky’s Farm.
- Play in the fountains at Smale Riverfront Park.
- Play in the Naturescape Cincinnati Nature Center
- Take a selfie with a sculpture at Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park.
- Make your own popsicles with juice and eat them in your backyard.
- Complete a week long stay-cation for the outdoorsy family.
- Look for fossils and play in the creek at Keehner Park.
- Visit a local farmer’s market and buy ingredients to make dinner.
- Get ice cream at your favorite seasonal ice cream shop.
- Explore the Donut Trail.
- Go to a food truck rally.
- Check out Taste of Cincinnati.
- Pack a family picnic and eat it at a local park.
- Take a BB Riverboats Dinner or Lunch Cruise.
- Try a new (to you) restaurant.
- Host a grill out at a local park with friends.
- Complete a week long stay-cation for the foodie family.
Immerse Yourself in the Arts
- Take a trip to the Cincinnati Art Museum.
- Check out Shakespeare in the Park.
- Participate in the Summer Reading Program at your local library.
- Complete a week long staycation for the nerdy family.
- Check out a local concert.
- Attend Opera in the Park.
- Visit the Contemporary Arts Center
- Create a sidewalk chalk mural.
- Introduce the kids to a movie from your childhood.
- Build a city out of Legos with your family.
Hang Around Home
- Have a living room campout.
- Build a garden bed and grow a vegetable garden.
- Create an obstacle course in your yard.
- Roast marshmallows for s’mores.
- Get some sparklers for some after-dinner fun.
- Host a sleepover party.
- Catch fireflies.
- Check out a stack of books from the library and spend an afternoon on the couch reading.
- Have a family water balloon fight.
- Build a backyard fort.