The 2017 Guide to Summer Camps in Cincinnati, NKY & beyond… is brought to you in partnership with the Mad Science Summer Camp, from Children’s Learning Adventure. The Mad Summer Science Camp™ will expose your child to a variety of activities guaranteed to give them a summer to remember! Children’s Learning Adventure is bringing two new locations to Cincinnati, just in time to take advantage of their summer programming. Register HERE for the grand opening event at the West Chester location on March 18th.
Mad Summer Science Camp
Flexible Scheduling all Summer
Each week, campers will engage in lessons related to our Mad Summer Science theme packed with exciting activities, crafts, games, sports, field trips, and so much more! Mad Summer Science Camp is all-inclusive with no hidden fees! We also offer flexible scheduling so you only pay for the weeks your child attends!
Click here to contact your nearest Children’s Learning Adventure™.
- Flexible summer camp schedules include full and part-time programs.
- Ages for Summer Camp vary by location. Please contact your local Children’s Learning Adventure™ for more information.
June 5th - August 18th
Offering the best summer art camps in Cincinnati! This is a place for kids to create and explore all aspects of art, to exercise their imaginations and generate ideas. Celebrate Christmas in July, create your own comic book, throw a pot on the potters wheel, sculpt a hamburger out of clay, make a duct tape dress for your dog, or throw, splatter and blend paint on canvas. Our teachers are certified art education professionals teaching kids how to make their art dreams come true. The teacher student ratio is 6-1 so your child gets lots of attention. Our popular art camps have been in the Cincinnati area for over 25 years and we have the best pottery wheel camp in the city! Every student (ages 6 and up) gets their own pottery wheel for the week to explore the joy and skill of throwing. Glazing techniques and some hand building rounds out this introductory camp. To improve skill level, the class can be taken multiple times and proceed to Intensive Wheel at the end of the summer.
- Camps are held weekly, beginning June 5th and run through August 18th.
- Both half day and full day options are available.
June 11th - August 11th
Founded in 1956 as an interdenominational Christian summer camp for boys, Camp Rockmont seeks to provide each camper with fun and adventure through appropriate challenges; a better understanding and respect for self and others through group living and shared experiences; an appreciation and concern for the environment; greater self-reliance; stronger Christian values; and a greater understanding of the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. Sessions vary in length of stay based on which camp you choose. See links below for specific dates and camp length.
Bear Paddle Swim School
Seasonally and Throughout the Year
The first 50 students to enroll will receive a free Bear Paddle T-Shirt! Summer Swim Camps will be 8 days, Monday–Thursday for 2 weeks. The cost of each Summer Swim Camp is $180 and if you sign up for additional Summer Swim Camps, you will receive $10 off your next Summer Swim Camp fee!
Top Five Reasons To Register For Summer Swim Camps
- Build Life-Saving Safety Skills
- Stay Healthy And Active This Summer
- Accelerate Your Swimming Skills
- Build Confident Swimmers
- Practice Swimming For A Fun And Safe Summer
- For campers age 6 months-11 years of age.
- The first 50 students to enroll will receive a FREE Bear Paddle t-shirt!
Mary Helen Fashion Summer Camps
June 19th - July 28th
Explore the worlds of fashion sewing or creative small business at Mary Helen Fashion Summer Camps! Mary Helen Fashion Sewing Camp is a week long adventure where kids get to become fashion designers! We’ll teach them all about the fashion design process, from inspiration boards and sketching, to cutting and sewing actual garments four our friends and family fashion show. Experience the ins and outs of running a creative small business at Mary Helen Creative Business Camp. We will cover product development, as well as branding, marketing and selling. Each camper will design and develop a fashion accessory product and brand throughout the week for our camp pop-up shop at the Mary Helen boutique. For more information and registration please visit our website.
- For campers age 7-15 years of age
- Camps are held weekly from June 19th – July 28th
(no camp the week of July 4th).
Kids First Sports Center Camp-A-Palooza
May 30th - August 18th
CAMP-A-PALOOZA is Greater Cincinnati’s most talked about summer camp experience! Why? Four words: Kids First Sports Center. . .108,000 square feet of kids sports heaven! Imagine a summer camp taking place in the country’s largest children’s activity center with exceptional instruction in the most popular children’s recreational pursuits: swimming, gymnastics, dance, karate, soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, yoga and art classes. But that’s just the beginning! Every day is a themed, non–stop, in and outdoor adventure. From morning drop–off to evening pick–up, you’ll experience crafts, talent shows, water slides, sports instruction, science experiments, agricultural projects and more!
- For campers age 5-15 years old.
- Weekly camp themes:
- Week 1: May 30-June 2 – Animal Planet Week
- Week 2: June 5-9 – Amazing Race Week
- Week 3: June 12-16 – Wild, Wild West Week
- Week 4: June 19-23 – Harry Potter Week
- Week 5: June 26-30 – Color Wars Week
- Week 6: July 3-7 – Party in the USA Week
- Week 7: July 10-14 – Cruise-A-Palooza Week
- Week 8: July 17-21 – Taste of Cincinnati Week
- Week 9: July 24-28 – Star Wars Week
- Week 10: July 31-Aug. 4 – Disney Week
- Week 11: Aug. 7-11 – Survivor Week
- Week 12: Aug. 14-18 – Bon Voyage, Summer Week
Cincinnati Reds Baseball and Softball Camps
May 29th - August 11th
What kid wouldn’t be thrilled with the chance to attend the official camps of the Cincinnati Reds?!? These week-long camps may just be the best baseball/softball camps in America. Each camper receives four Reds tickets, full uniform, VIP trip to Great American Ball Park and will even get to meet a current Reds player. Cost is $395 for 30 hours of pro-grade instruction.
- Open to boys and girls, ages 6-14 years old.
- Camps are held weekly, beginning May 29th and run through August 11th.
- Monday – Friday 9a-3p
- Locations vary, see list below for details:
- Northern KY (Beechwood HS) – May 29 – June 2
- Cincinnati (UYA) – May 29 – June 2
- Cincinnati – OH (UYA) – June 12-16
- Mason – OH June 26-30
- Harrison – OH July 10-14
- Cincinnati (Summit Country Day) – July 31-August 4
- Northern- KY July 31-August 4
- Cincinnati (Colerain HS) – August 7-11
- Dayton – OH (Centerville) – August 7-11
Classroom Antics Tech Camps
June 5th - August 18th
Kids get to learn what they love by creating video games, producing stop-motion animation movies, coding computer programs, modding with Minecraft, or engineering LEGO robots in a Classroom Antics Tech Camp! Space is limited, register today and join other kids creating with technology this summer.
- Open to campers age 7-14 years old.
- Locations vary, see list below for details.
- June 12-16 – Mason
- June 12-16 – Anderson
- June 19-23 – Liberty Township
- June 19-23 – Madeira
- June 26-30 – Springboro
- June 26-30 – Fairfield
- July 3-7 – Cheviot-Bridgetown
- July 3-7 – Florence
- July 10-14 – Mason
- July 10-14 – Blue Ash
- July 17-21 – Loveland
- July 17-21 – Newtown-Mariemont
- July 24-28 – Mason
- July 24-28 – Madeira
- July 31-August 4 – Wyoming
- July 31-August 4 – Liberty Township
Kids in the Kitchen
Sessions in June and July
Ages 5-8 have the chance to learn from literature! Think “The Very Hungry Caterpillar”, “If you Give a Moose a Muffin” and other childhood classics – these are the inspiration for 5 fun-filled days of hands-on exploration. Kids will learn basic culinary terms and kitchen tools, safety, measuring and mixing, how to follow a recipe and simple garnishing techniques. Lunch is included. $225
Ages 9-16 will enjoy a skills-based highly creative camp where they’ll have a chance to develop technique. Specifically, they’ll focus on mother sauces, knife cuts, flavor profiles, and creating a signature dish. They’ll practice making vinaigrette, fresh whipping cream, and homemade pasta plus grilling and smoking techniques! (Basically, you’ll never have to cook again!). Lunch is included. $325
- There is a 5% sibling discount available!
- Camps run M-F and are divided by age.
- June 12th (ages 5-8), 9A-12P
- June 19th (ages 9-16), 12-4P
- July 17th (ages 5-8), 9A-12P
- July 24th (ages 9-16), 12-4P
Cincinnati Academy of Performing Arts
Three, 2-Week Sessions
Does your child love to be in the spotlight? Come be a part of one of our 2-week intensive theatre camps. Our camps are open to all levels of experience and interests. During our Elementary Camp, campers build confidence, gain experience, make friends and have a lot of fun, culminating in a full production of Seussical Kids for family and friends. During Xanadu Jr. & Anything Goes, students will experience Stage Combat, Audition Techniques, Vocal Health, Acting, Choreography and more! Performers will be challenged to master complex music, choreography and follow professional direction.
- Suessical Kids (Grades 3-5)
- Week 1; May 30th-June 3rd – 9a-2p
- Week 2; June 5th-9th – 1p-5p
- Performance June 9th – 7p
- Xanadu Jr. (Grades 6-8)
- Week 1; June 5th-9th – 9a-2p
- Week 2; June 12th-16th – 1p-5p
- Performance June 16th – 7p
- Anything Goes, Young Performers’ Edition (Grades 9-12)
- Week 1; June 12-16th – 9a-2p
- Week 2; June 19th-23rd – 12p-5p
- Performance June 23rd – 7p and June 24th – 2p
AJ Green Football ProCamp
June 9th & 10th
- To save 15% use the promo code CINCYMOMS
With special guest Tyler Eifert!
Throughout the two-day camp, A.J. Green, Tyler Eifert, and our coaches will offer tips and hands-on instruction, including lectures, fundamental football skills stations, contests, and non-contact games in a high-energy, fun, and positive environment. The comprehensive camp experience is great for athletes of all skill levels, whether they are new to the game or have been playing for years. Each attendee will receive:
- A souvenir autograph from both A.J. Green and Tyler Eifert (Item provided – outside items not permitted.)
- A camp team photo with both A.J. Green (hard copy) and Tyler Eifert (digital download).
- A limited edition A.J. Green Football ProCamp t-shirt.
- This two day camp runs from 9a – 12:30p
- Open to boys and girls, grades 1-8
King of Kings Preschool & Kindergarten
June 12th - August 11th
King of Kings, a national accredited preschool and kindergarten, is offering a number of incredible summer camps to keep your little ones busy and learning this summer!
Music & Movement: $80
June 12-16; ages 2.5 – 3
August 7-11; ages 4-5
Cooking Camp: $100
June 12 -16; ages 4-6
Lego Camp: $80
June 26-30; ages 4-6
July 31-August 4; ages 4-6
Science & Nature Camp: $80
July 10-14; ages 4-6
July 31 – August 4; ages 3-4
- All camps are offered from 10a-12p.
Cincinnati Recreation Commission
May 30th - August 11th
CAMP CRC summer day campers enjoy fun weekly themes in a safe, friendly environment all summer long. Themed activities include trips and outings, arts and crafts, swim lessons and pool time, outdoor play and sports, and so much more!
For individuals with disabilities, CRC offers many opportunities to enjoy summer day camp. Inclusive day camp opportunities, for children ages 6-12, provide that children with and without disabilities are able to attend day camp together and enjoy swimming, sports, games, crafts, outings, music and more.
- Open to campers age 6-12 years old.
- Camps run May 30th – August 11th
Greenacres 2017 Summer Program
June 12th - August 4th
Join fellow campers for 600 acres of adventure! It is during Greenacres summer season that campers can further explore their areas of interest whether it be horseback riding, music, fishing, hiking, creating works of art or learning secrets of the farm. Visit www.green-acres.org to view our 2017 Summer Fun Guide and to register for camp. For more information please call 513.891.4227 or email [email protected]
- Open to campers ages 5-17.
- Click here to see the 2017 Summer Fun Guide.
Cincinnati Ballet's Kids Dance Camp
Three, 1 Week-Long Sessions
This summer, Kids Dance Camp is heading out on week-long safaris to the jungle, the arctic and the ocean! As penguins, jellyfish and tigers come to life, so too will your student’s imagination in a dance-themed adventure they won’t soon forget! Each day, we’ll be dancing our way through these wildlife adventures while introducing students to the steps they’ll need to explore the terrain. Through age-appropriate ballet classes and activities led by professional faculty, students build creativity, coordination, flexibility and strength as well as artistic expression as they work toward a culminating performance featuring their safari destination of choice.
- Open to campers age 4-8 years old.
- Three week long sessions:
- June 5 – 9
- July 24 – 28
- July 31 – August 4
June 5th - August 11th
Jump into the deep end and make some waves with Camp WAVE! Each action packed week includes adventures at Newport Aquarium, crafts, activities, river discovery, behind-the-scenes glimpses, and of course up-close animal encounters. Campers leave excited about our natural world, so come dive in with Camp WAVE this summer!
- Ancient Oceans and Fossils (June 5-9)
- SAFE- Saving Animals From Extinction (June 12-16)
- Career Camps (June 19-23 and July 24-29)
- Shark Week (June 26-30)
- Splash Days (July 6-7)
- Animal Ecosystems (July 17-21)
- Animal Super Heroes (July 31-August 4)
- Keepers and Conservation (August 7-11)
- Camps are held weekly, beginning June 5th and run through August 11th.
- Camp hours are 9am – 4pm
Mars Hill Academy Pre-K Summer Camp
June 12th - June 29th
“My Heart Leaps Up: Instilling a Sense of Wonder”
Bring your four and five year olds to a special camp just for them! Your Pre-Kindergarten students will enjoy an exciting and enriching three weeks as we explore the world around us. Children will have fun learning about the heavens, plants, animals, and the wonder of creation through crafts, play time, stories, singing, outdoor exploration, and more. Along the way, we’ll learn character-building principles that will greatly enhance your child’s learning and help to prepare them for Kindergarten.
Campers must be at least four years of age by May 31, 2017 and fully potty trained to attend this camp. Cost is $75/week or $25/day
- Open to campers 4-5 years old.
- Camps are Monday-Thursday, 9a-11:30a
MamLuft&Co. Dance & Creativity Camp
Two, 1 Week-Long Sessions
MamLuft&Co. Dance’s Summer Dance & Creativity Camp for Kids won Cincinnati Magazine editorial’s 2012 award for “Best Summer Dance Camp” because of its uniqueness and its value! ML&Co.’s camp is one of the few in Cincinnati designed to be gender inclusive for both boys and girls, to offer Modern Dance ~and~ Ballet for ages 5-10, and to provide all-day options! Discounts are available for early birds, those doing both weeks, and siblings.
- Open to campers, age 5-10 years old.
- Two week long sessions are available. Location varies depending on week.
- July 10-14, 2017, the camp themes of Whirling Wizards and Radical Robots take place at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center.
- July 17-21, 2017, themes Stellar Space and Rockin’ (80s) Retro take place at the Carnegie Center of Columbia Tusculum.
Saddle Lake Horse Camp & Equestrian Center
June 12th - June 23th
At Saddle Lake Equestrian Center, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care for our horses and learning opportunities for our students in a fun and safe environment. Your child will be learning from experienced and confident teachers, so they too may become well-versed in horse care, behavior and riding. At our camps riders will have the opportunity to learn how to groom, bathe, clip, band and braid a horse in addition to riding. Campers will follow in the footsteps of our barn staff, responsible for the care of our barn’s spectacular horses. The campers will participate in feeding and watering the horses twice a day and learn the types of hay and grain used, how much to feed the horses and why this information is important in horse ownership. Campers will participate in two riding lessons per day.
- Open to campers 8 years old and up.
- Two, week long sessions.
Gorman Heritage Farm
June 5th - August 4th
Summer Camp at Gorman Heritage Farm seeks to inspire a passion and respect for all things outdoors. Join the fun as campers (ages 4-15) feed and groom barnyard animals, play and work in the gardens, collect eggs and produce to cook, hike to the overlooks, play fun games, and much more! The Farm also offers theme camps for Wilderness, Science, Cooking, and Veterinary Science. We’ll see you on the farm!
- Farm Adventures, Ages 5-12
(June 5-9); (June 19-23); (July 17-21); (July 31-August 4)
- Seedlings, Ages 5-7 (June 12-16)
- Half Day Morning/Afternoon Farm Camp, Ages 6-10 (June 12-16)
- Farm Chef, Ages 8-12 (June 19-23); (July 24-28)
- Apprentice Farmers, Ages 10-12 (June 26-30)
- Farm Explorers, Ages 7-9 (June 26-30)
- Sprouts, Ages 4-5 (July 5-7)
- Farm Chef, Ages 11-15 (July 10-14); (July 31-August 4)
- Vet Camp, Ages 13-15 (July 10-14); Ages 8-12 (July 24-28)
- Science Camp, Ages 8-12 (July 17-21)
- Wilderness Camp, Ages 8-12 (July 24-28)
- Open to campers age 4-15 years old.
- Most camps run 9:30a-2:30p.
- Aftercare is available until 4:30p.
(Select this option as an add-on when you register.)
- Aftercare is available until 4:30p.
Jamelle Elliott Basketball Camp
June 12th - June 14th
This camp is offered to anyone in grades 3-8! At the Jamelle Elliott Basketball Camp we stress the FUN-damentals of basketball an approach we have found is appealing to a wide range of campers from someone new to the game to the the most serious of players. Each day campers will be instructed by the University of Cincinnati Women’s Basketball Players and staff, making friends/memories that last a life time, and best of all playing the game they love. Each day campers will be provided with lunch at one of our university cafeteria’s (it has an all you can eat ice cream machine!) and a Jamelle Elliott camp t-shirt. At the end of camp on the last day there will be an awards ceremony and autograph session!
- Open to campers in grades 3 – 8
June 5th - August 3rd
Looking to keep your athletes busy this summer? Big Shots has you covered with multiple camps for ages as young as 3! Come try out all different sports or elevate your game in your favorite sport. Camp offerings focus on basketball, volleyball, soccer, lacrosse, golf, and speed & agility! Check out the line-up based on your desired age group
- Open to campers age 3 years old – 7th grade
- Camp offerings include:
- Speed & Agility